Do you want to work on the future of how some of the world’s most intriguing problems are solved in a pioneering way?
As a fast-growing advisory business, we are on the lookout for at least three new Associates. Associates are entry-level generalist team members.
As an Associate you would support us across three different potential efforts:
- Strategic business development: Support in shaping our offering for new clients
- Expert network: Drive building up a global network of leading topic experts
- “Hyphen of the future”: Help us define our (technology) product of the future
This is an exciting opportunity for recent graduates as well as young professionals with one to three years of experience. You will be our thought partner who will engage in our brainstorms and stretch our thinking. Becoming an integral part of our diverse team, you will be involved in different aspects of our business beyond your core team. You will be part of a growing team with a unique opportunity to help shape the culture.
You can expect to have:
- Ownership of your projects.
- The opportunity to make real changes in how we run our business and create value for our clients and members of our network alike.
- Ability and freedom to experiment with ideas and iterate them quickly.
We are looking at an immediate start date but can offer a lot of flexibility to the right candidate. The position is on a full-time basis and offered fully remotely.
You will have:
Our key must-haves for you are the hunger to solve business challenges in new ways, a lot of drive & ownership to organize yourself and push your work ahead, and to be an open-minded team player.
As such ideally you have:
- Interest to be part of a team changing the way expertise is provided.
- Ability to adapt and understand complex concepts quickly – one day you will be building an advisory panel on space policy another drafting recommendations for a well-known IO.
- Ability to think things through and present them in a concise way.
- Project management skills, including the entrepreneurial drive to develop and execute self-designed initiatives.
- Ability to communicate in a concise and clear manner for different audiences.
- Values-based, collaborative working style with a demonstrated commitment to the highest standards of ethics and confidentiality.
- Interest to work in a start-up environment.
- High comfort level working in a continually changing environment.
- Fluent in English, proficiency in any other languages is a plus.
- (Optional) Functional experience across one of the domains (e.g. Policy; Investment; Creative Industries;), and/or one of the geographies (e.g. Middle East, Central Asia, Latin America).
What we offer:
- Flexible working location and working hours.
- Competitive salary package (base salary, individual and team bonuses, and an employee stock option program) and technology allowance.
- Regular co-working weeks with the team.
- Generous holiday allowance and maternity/paternity leave policy.
- Access to coaching and mental health services (via our partner likeminded).
- Mentorship program and growth packages.
At Hyphen, we believe that a diverse workforce allows us to be more innovative, more creative and get better results. We provide a competitive salary package (base salary, individual and team bonuses, and an employee stock option program) in line with the experiences and background.
This means that when we are recruiting, we actively seek to reach a diverse pool of candidates. It also means that we are happy to consider any reasonable adjustments that potential employees may need to be successful.
We are striving to improve the future of work for our own A-team, as well as our contractors and clients, and we are looking for elite talent from all walks of life to help our remote-first team keep pushing.
Creating a better and more meaningful way of working requires smart, ambitious and motivated people so if that sounds like you, Hyphen could be the perfect place for you.
No, we pride ourselves on being open to candidates from all fields and from around the globe. We believe that variety can make us stronger by broadening our range of expertise, experience and ideas.
Hyphen is an entirely remote company, and we are happy to let most people build their work schedules around their lives within reason. Most of our team works in Europe but we also have colleagues in the Middle East and the USA so we can be adaptable.
At present, we do not offer internships or apprenticeships, but this may change in the future so please follow us on LinkedIn and keep checking our website. Alternatively, if you think you can make an impact right away, feel free to send in a speculative application.
A degree is not a necessity, though it helps. Some key things we look for are a desire to learn new skills, the ability to think critically and solve problems, a strong work ethic, and an entrepreneurial mindset. If you can demonstrate these traits, you might be suitable for Hyphen.
We are keen to make sure we find exactly the right people to join our small team and so are very thorough. The length of time it will take to complete the process depends on the number of steps, which varies for different roles, but we will endeavour to make it as quick as possible.
Due to the number of applications we receive, we are unfortunately unable to provide individual feedback at the initial stage of the process. However, should you progress to the interview stages, you will have the option of requesting feedback on your performance.
We do not recruit many people but if you really think you might be a good fit for us, you can send us your CV/resume and a covering letter explaining why you want to join Hyphen to email@example.com and we will get back to you if we think you might be right for us.
We appreciate that this will be something that many people have not come across before, so we strongly advise that you review at least some of the following websites and sources to prepare.
List of Sources
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team will get back to you to help you with your queries.