Operations Support Specialist
Do you want to work on the future of how some of the world’s most intriguing problems are solved in a pioneering way?
We are (re-)building the infrastructure and operating model of how cross-functional teams work together, to tackle the most challenging problems of tomorrow. To achieve this ambition, we are looking for an adaptable, organised and detail-orientated Operations Support Specialist to join our team.
Hyphen is the leading global expertise partner that connects our clients – which include governments, top-tier consulting firms, and coveted investment funds – to world-class experts and specialists. Our own team members hail from leading technology companies, Nordic designers, top-tier consulting firms in New York, high-impact missions in Myanmar, and everything in-between. We formed Hyphen armed with curiosity, the ambition to tackle the most intriguing problems, and the conviction that work in the 21st century requires a new modus operandi.
Our goal is to connect expertise, determination, and strategic insight to solve the challenges of tomorrow through meaningful projects, enduring personal relationships, flexible ways of work, and cutting-edge technology.
Given our rapid growth and expanded client footprint across Europe and the Middle East, we are now looking for new team members. It’s a chance to join a rapidly growing company that allows new joiners to shape the direction and the way we conduct our business.
Operations Support Specialist (full-time and remote)
This role is perfect if you are a customer-orientated professional keen to ensure clients and experts a first-class experience. You must be an outstanding multitasker, have a meticulous eye for detail and be supremely organised as you will work across an array of exciting projects every single day. Prior experience in technology would be advantageous as we are constantly looking for ways to utilise tech solutions more fully throughout Hyphen.
You will be a key part of our Operations team, with plenty of responsibility coming your way from day one. A key aspect of this role is ensuring the needs of both clients and engaged experts are met in a timely manner. Your duties will be wide-ranging, including assisting with contracting processes, managing travel arrangements, handling data management, and providing support for operations reporting. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to the strategic direction and automation efforts of the entire company as we look to take ideas from everyone within our team.
What you will achieve
- Be a key source of project support: Aid Hyphen’s contracting efforts both with contractors and clients. Drive the contractor vetting and offboarding process.
- Be our travel point of contact: Manage travel arrangements, including flights, hotels and ground transportation bookings. Support for obtaining travel-related documentation that ensure Hyphen contractors can work in the host country. Act as main point of contact for contractors regarding all travel-related matters, including overseeing the travel onboarding process and ensuring compliance with relevant travel and expense policies. Prepare the cost and expense reports for our Finance team.
- Support our Operations Team’s internal work: Assist with the operations reporting, including contributing to data analysis for Finance and Business Development teams as well as clients; help with Hyphen’s database management, data quality management and Hyphen’s yearly network management process support.
You will have:
- Exceptional multitasking and organisational skills.
- A costumer-first approach.
- A real sense of diligence and a keen eye for detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and a willingness to advance data analytics skills.
- Proven prior experience in technology would be advantageous.
- A proactive and adaptable mindset to contribute to the strategic direction and development efforts of the company.
- The ability to communicate concisely and clearly for different audiences.
- An interest in working in a start-up environment.
- A high comfort level working in a continually changing environment.
- A value-based, collaborative working style with a demonstrated commitment to the highest standards of ethics and confidentiality.
- Fluent in English, while proficiency in any other language is a plus.
What we offer
- Flexible working location and working hours.
- Competitive salary package (base salary, individual and team bonuses, and an employee stock option program) and technology allowance.
- Regular co-working weeks with the team.
- Generous holiday allowance and maternity/paternity leave policy.
- Mentorship program and growth packages.
At Hyphen, we believe that a diverse workforce allows us to be more innovative, more creative and get better results. We provide a competitive salary package (base salary, individual and team bonuses, and an employee stock option program) in line with the experiences and background.
This means that when we are recruiting, we actively seek to reach a diverse pool of candidates. It also means that we are happy to consider any reasonable adjustments that potential employees may need to be successful.
If you are ready to embark on an exciting journey with Hyphen, please visit our ‘Hyphen Careers section’ for additional information.
We are striving to improve the future of work for our own A-team, as well as our contractors and clients, and we are looking for elite talent from all walks of life to help our remote-first team keep pushing.
Creating a better and more meaningful way of working requires smart, ambitious and motivated people so if that sounds like you, Hyphen could be the perfect place for you.
No, we pride ourselves on being open to candidates from all fields and from around the globe. We believe that variety can make us stronger by broadening our range of expertise, experience and ideas.
Hyphen is an entirely remote company, and we are happy to let most people build their work schedules around their lives within reason. Most of our team works in Europe but we also have colleagues in the Middle East and the USA so we can be adaptable.
At present, we do not offer internships or apprenticeships, but this may change in the future so please follow us on LinkedIn and keep checking our website. Alternatively, if you think you can make an impact right away, feel free to send in a speculative application.
A degree is not a necessity, though it helps. Some key things we look for are a desire to learn new skills, the ability to think critically and solve problems, a strong work ethic, and an entrepreneurial mindset. If you can demonstrate these traits, you might be suitable for Hyphen.
We are keen to make sure we find exactly the right people to join our small team and so are very thorough. The length of time it will take to complete the process depends on the number of steps, which varies for different roles, but we will endeavour to make it as quick as possible.
Due to the number of applications we receive, we are unfortunately unable to provide individual feedback at the initial stage of the process. However, should you progress to the interview stages, you will have the option of requesting feedback on your performance.
We do not recruit many people but if you really think you might be a good fit for us, you can send us your CV/resume and a covering letter explaining why you want to join Hyphen to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you if we think you might be right for us.
We appreciate that this will be something that many people have not come across before, so we strongly advise that you review at least some of the following websites and sources to prepare.
List of Sources
Please email to email@example.com and one of our team will get back to you to help you with your queries.