Do you want to work on the future of how some of the world’s most intriguing problems are solved in a pioneering way?
We are (re-)building the infrastructure and operating model of how cross-functional teams work together, to tackle the most challenging problems of tomorrow. To achieve this ambition, we are looking for an entrepreneurial, people driven and empathetic People Manager to join our team.
Hyphen is the leading global expertise partner that connects our clients – which include governments, top-tier consulting firms, and coveted investment funds – to world-class experts and specialists. Our own team members hail from leading technology companies, Nordic designers, top-tier consulting firms in New York, high-impact missions in Myanmar, and everything in-between. We formed Hyphen armed with curiosity, the ambition to tackle the most intriguing problems, and the conviction that work in the 21st century requires a new modus operandi.
Our goal is to connect expertise, determination, and strategic insight to solve the challenges of tomorrow through meaningful projects, enduring personal relationships, flexible ways of work, and cutting-edge technology.
Given our rapid growth and expanded client footprint across Europe and the Middle East, we are now looking for new team members from various backgrounds to fill key positions that are crucial to our future success. It’s a chance to join a rapidly growing company that allows new joiners to shape the direction and the way we conduct our business.
People Manager (full-time & remote)
As a fast-growing business, we are looking for an enthusiastic, entrepreneurial, and emphatic People Manager to help us to grow and build Hyphen. As part of our team, you will be a trusted partner on all People-related topics and operations, drive our People agenda and help us engage, develop, and retain our talent to meet our ambitious growth objectives.
This is a unique opportunity for professionals with at least five years of working experience in HR or People related roles as a part of established businesses or startups who wish to join a fast-growing start-up with a global footprint. You will receive the entrepreneurial opportunity to shape the people / HR function at a fast-growing company from scratch as well as to work at the edge of the future of work that is at the core of Hyphen’s business offering. In short, it’s a unique chance to help us build a unique company culture with an opportunity to evolve in your role.
What you will achieve
- Strategy & culture: Support developing overall people strategy and help in shaping Hyphen’s company culture and values (e.g., through refreshes).
- Overall planning: Support leadership and heads in developing hiring and workforce plans.
- Recruitment: Drive recruitment efforts: define roles, pick the best recruitment channels, and manage the recruitment process from start to finish.
- Onboarding: Design and implement onboarding processes setting new employees for success; including developing an employee handbook, etc.
- People development: Support designing training/development/coaching program, mentorship & (mental) health offerings to promote the development and well-being of Hyphen employees.
- Compensation: Support designing a motivating compensation scheme for the team.
- Support: Identity, design, and implement potential additional programs and policies to foster team culture and develop and retain talent.
You will have
- Proven working experience as an HR/People manager or Recruiting Coordinator either from a startup or an established company.
- Experience in designing and writing HR policies, procedures, compensation schemes, offers, and contracts of employment.
- In-depth knowledge of HR best practices and implementation of new HR Technologies.
- People-oriented and results-driven approach to work and excitement to support people in succeeding and thriving in their roles.
- Proven project management skills, including the entrepreneurial drive to develop and execute self-designed initiatives.
- Ability to communicate concisely and clearly for different audiences.
- Interest to work in a start-up environment.
- High comfort level working in a continually changing environment.
- Values-based, collaborative working style with a demonstrated commitment to the highest standards of ethics and confidentiality.
- Fluent in English, proficiency in any other language is a plus.
What we offer
- Flexible working location and working hours.
- Competitive salary package (base salary, individual and team bonuses, and an employee stock option program) and technology allowance.
- Regular co-working weeks with the team.
- Generous holiday allowance and maternity/paternity leave policy.
- Access to coaching and mental health services (via our partner likeminded).
- Mentorship program and growth packages.
At Hyphen, we believe that a diverse workforce allows us to be more innovative, more creative and get better results. We provide a competitive salary package (base salary, individual and team bonuses, and an employee stock option program) in line with the experiences and background.
This means that when we are recruiting, we actively seek to reach a diverse pool of candidates. It also means that we are happy to consider any reasonable adjustments that potential employees may need to be successful.
Please consult ‘Hyphen Careers section’ for additional information.
We are striving to improve the future of work for our own A-team, as well as our contractors and clients, and we are looking for elite talent from all walks of life to help our remote-first team keep pushing.
Creating a better and more meaningful way of working requires smart, ambitious and motivated people so if that sounds like you, Hyphen could be the perfect place for you.
No, we pride ourselves on being open to candidates from all fields and from around the globe. We believe that variety can make us stronger by broadening our range of expertise, experience and ideas.
Hyphen is an entirely remote company, and we are happy to let most people build their work schedules around their lives within reason. Most of our team works in Europe but we also have colleagues in the Middle East and the USA so we can be adaptable.
At present, we do not offer internships or apprenticeships, but this may change in the future so please follow us on LinkedIn and keep checking our website. Alternatively, if you think you can make an impact right away, feel free to send in a speculative application.
A degree is not a necessity, though it helps. Some key things we look for are a desire to learn new skills, the ability to think critically and solve problems, a strong work ethic, and an entrepreneurial mindset. If you can demonstrate these traits, you might be suitable for Hyphen.
We are keen to make sure we find exactly the right people to join our small team and so are very thorough. The length of time it will take to complete the process depends on the number of steps, which varies for different roles, but we will endeavour to make it as quick as possible.
Due to the number of applications we receive, we are unfortunately unable to provide individual feedback at the initial stage of the process. However, should you progress to the interview stages, you will have the option of requesting feedback on your performance.
We do not recruit many people but if you really think you might be a good fit for us, you can send us your CV/resume and a covering letter explaining why you want to join Hyphen to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you if we think you might be right for us.
We appreciate that this will be something that many people have not come across before, so we strongly advise that you review at least some of the following websites and sources to prepare.
List of Sources
Please email to email@example.com and one of our team will get back to you to help you with your queries.