Senior Finance Associate
Do you want to work on some of the world’s biggest projects and help us tackle global challenges through a pioneering approach?
We are (re-)building the infrastructure and operating model of how cross-functional teams work together, to tackle the most challenging problems of tomorrow. To achieve this ambition, we are looking for an entrepreneurial, customer-centric, and dynamic Senior Finance Associate to join our team.
Hyphen is the leading global expertise partner that connects our clients – which include governments, top-tier consulting firms, and coveted investment funds – to world-class experts and specialists. Our goal is to connect expertise, determination, and strategic insight to solve the challenges of tomorrow through meaningful projects, enduring personal relationships, flexible ways of work, and cutting-edge technology.
Our own team members hail from leading technology companies, Nordic designers, top-tier consulting firms in New York, high-impact missions in Myanmar, and everything in-between. We formed Hyphen armed with curiosity, the ambition to tackle the most intriguing problems, and the conviction that work in the 21st century requires a new modus operandi.
Given our rapid growth and expanded client footprint across Europe and the Middle East, we are now looking for new team members from various backgrounds to fill key positions that are crucial to our future success. It’s a chance to join a rapidly growing company that allows new joiners to shape the direction and the way we conduct our business.
Senior Finance Associate (full-time and remote)
This is a unique opportunity for a professional with outstanding finance and accounting skills, a customer-orientated mindset, and excellent communication skills. You will also need a solid technology and innovation background, as we are planning to build a fully integrated technology service stack along the entire engagement lifecycle.
You will work with and support a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and help to develop our finance operations to meet our ambitious growth objectives. This will require you to represent Hyphen, acting as a key financial liaison and point of contact for any inquiries from our clients, contractors and partners.
In addition, you will collaborate with our internal tech teams as well as external partners – including banks and financial service providers – to help us develop the future of end-to-end external workforce management.
What you will achieve:
- Manage our monthly finance cycle: Prepare for the cycle, ensure the completeness and accuracy of documentation, calculate accruals, execute journal entries, generate sales invoices. Produce comprehensive period-end reports, including monthly and quarterly internal reports, banking reports, and financial analysis. Accurately post all documents in the accounting system, while ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and internal accounting policies. Actively participate in the budgeting and re-forecasting process, as well as closely monitor budget variances on an ongoing basis.
- Prepare key client reports: Provide support to the Head of Finance in running management reports, which serve as crucial tools for business decision-making. Proactively develop and enhance advanced client reporting tools.
- Build our future finance stack: Drive continuous improvements in both the monthly cycle workflow and reporting environment. Go beyond suggesting solutions and take the initiative to independently execute the improvement process. Provide support in developing a cross-functional and enhanced finance workflow.
- Act as a key counterpart to clients, contractors, and partners: Manage relationships with our clients and contractors, serving as the primary point of contact for all financial settlements and inquiries. Work alongside our Head of Finance in representing Hyphen in dealings with external auditors, tax authorities, and other external stakeholders.
You will have:
- Proven working experience as a financial controller or finance analyst (minimum three years).
- A strong sense of logic and the ability to execute ideas both autonomously and within teams.
- A willingness to take a high level of responsibility and ownership, and the ability to manage your workload in an efficient manner and prioritise tasks without constant supervision.
- A strong analytical and problem-solving mindset
- Proven project management skills, including the entrepreneurial drive to develop and execute self-designed initiatives.
- The ability to communicate concisely and clearly for different audiences.
- An interest in working in a start-up environment.
- A high comfort level working in a continually changing environment.
- A value-based, collaborative working style with a demonstrated commitment to the highest standards of ethics and confidentiality.
- Fluency in English, while proficiency in any other language is a plus.
What we offer
- Flexible working location and working hours.
- Competitive salary package (base salary, individual and team bonuses, and an employee stock option program) and technology allowance.
- Regular co-working weeks with the team.
- Generous holiday allowance and maternity/paternity leave policy.
- Access to coaching and mental health services (via our partner likeminded).
- Mentorship program and growth packages.
At Hyphen, we believe that a diverse workforce allows us to be more innovative, more creative and get better results. We provide a competitive salary package (base salary, individual and team bonuses, and an employee stock option program) in line with the experiences and background.
This means that when we are recruiting, we actively seek to reach a diverse pool of candidates. It also means that we are happy to consider any reasonable adjustments that potential employees may need to be successful.
Please consult ‘Hyphen Careers section’ for additional information.
We are striving to improve the future of work for our own A-team, as well as our contractors and clients, and we are looking for elite talent from all walks of life to help our remote-first team keep pushing.
Creating a better and more meaningful way of working requires smart, ambitious and motivated people so if that sounds like you, Hyphen could be the perfect place for you.
No, we pride ourselves on being open to candidates from all fields and from around the globe. We believe that variety can make us stronger by broadening our range of expertise, experience and ideas.
Hyphen is an entirely remote company, and we are happy to let most people build their work schedules around their lives within reason. Most of our team works in Europe but we also have colleagues in the Middle East and the USA so we can be adaptable.
At present, we do not offer internships or apprenticeships, but this may change in the future so please follow us on LinkedIn and keep checking our website. Alternatively, if you think you can make an impact right away, feel free to send in a speculative application.
A degree is not a necessity, though it helps. Some key things we look for are a desire to learn new skills, the ability to think critically and solve problems, a strong work ethic, and an entrepreneurial mindset. If you can demonstrate these traits, you might be suitable for Hyphen.
We are keen to make sure we find exactly the right people to join our small team and so are very thorough. The length of time it will take to complete the process depends on the number of steps, which varies for different roles, but we will endeavour to make it as quick as possible.
Due to the number of applications we receive, we are unfortunately unable to provide individual feedback at the initial stage of the process. However, should you progress to the interview stages, you will have the option of requesting feedback on your performance.
We do not recruit many people but if you really think you might be a good fit for us, you can send us your CV/resume and a covering letter explaining why you want to join Hyphen to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you if we think you might be right for us.
We appreciate that this will be something that many people have not come across before, so we strongly advise that you review at least some of the following websites and sources to prepare.
List of Sources
Please email to email@example.com and one of our team will get back to you to help you with your queries.