Strategic Business Development Manager
We are (re-)building the infrastructure and operating model of how cross-functional teams work together, to tackle the most challenging problems of tomorrow. To achieve this ambition, we are looking for an entrepreneurial, brilliant, and savvy Strategic Business Development Manager to join our team.
Hyphen is the leading global expertise partner that connects our clients – which include governments, top-tier consulting firms, and coveted investment funds – to world-class experts and specialists. Our own team members hail from leading technology companies, Nordic designers, top-tier consulting firms in New York, high-impact missions in Myanmar, and everything in-between. We formed Hyphen armed with curiosity, the ambition to tackle the most intriguing problems, and the conviction that work in the 21st century requires a new modus operandi.
Our goal is to connect expertise, determination, and strategic insight to solve the challenges of tomorrow through meaningful projects, enduring personal relationships, flexible ways of work, and cutting-edge technology.
Given our rapid growth and expanded client footprint across Europe and the Middle East, we are now looking for new team members from various backgrounds to fill key positions that are crucial to our future success. It’s a chance to join a rapidly growing company that allows new joiners to shape the direction and the way we conduct our business.
Strategic Business Development Manager (full-time & remote)
Hyphen enjoys a unique market positioning that combines the highest value-adding elements of executive search, expert network, and consulting industry providing it with many pathways for growth. Therefore, as a fast-growing business, we are on the lookout for an entrepreneurial, brilliant, and savvy Strategic Business Development Manager to join our Client Partnerships team. Strong candidates will have excellent communication and problem-solving skills, allowing you to quickly grasp new challenges facing Hyphen as well as explore and seize new market opportunities.
You will be a seasoned professional with a go-getter mindset strategically identifying gaps in the market and market opportunities, staying ahead of your competitors, identifying clients’ needs, and designing new solutions, approaches, or business products. You will also support the Hyphen leadership in further building the organization on Client Partnership related topics.
What you will achieve:
Act as a core senior member of the Client Partnerships team, taking on a central role in the expansion of Hyphen’s business. The role will provide flexibility and opportunities to stretch across various business development-related activities, ranging from helping to define Hyphen’s business development and growth strategy to refining the Client Partnerships team’s operating model to helping build the organization through hiring and team development activities and being involved in client acquisition discussions.
- Generate market insights: Conduct country analysis, industry/market analysis, and competitor benchmarking to keep up with the latest developments.
- Drive business growth: Develop strategic BD plan (where to go, who to target, how) and go-to-market strategies (how to get it done).
- Chase: Centrally coordinate and follow up on strategic BD activities, and make sure the plans are executed.
- Content creation: Development of proposals and customized offering booklets (incl. tailored CVs) for existing and prospective clients.
- Marketing: Initiating and supervising the creation of marketing materials together with our in-house design and comms team.
- Service design: Support to further refine our service offering (what services we offer for what clients).
- Business development involvement: Take part in and contribute to client-facing discussions along with the Client Partnership team’s senior leadership.
- Build sales playbook: Support developing a sales playbook framework as well as a sales organization from the scratch.
- Operating model setup: Support refinement of the Client Partnerships team’s internal operating model and infrastructure on an ongoing basis.
- Team build-up and development: Help define the organizational needs, support the recruitment process, train personnel, and help team members develop their skills.
Ideal skills and characteristics:
- Commercial mindset, ability to think in systems, and eagerness to be in a client-facing role.
- Strong drive for results and a commitment to run processes and mandates with the utmost rigour and efficiency.
- Strong problem-solving skills and an ability to adapt and understand complex concepts quickly.
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to progress independently.
- Strong project management skills and a willingness to work agile going forward.
- Confidence and strong communication skills with the ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- At least four to six years of relevant experience in management consulting, and talent industries in a client-facing leadership role.
- Any additional experience in business development, a startup environment, or other business functions or industries is a plus.
- An interest in working in a startup environment.
- The ability to adapt to and thrive in a continually changing environment.
- Fluent in English; proficiency in any other languages is a plus.
What we offer
- Flexible working location and working hours.
- Competitive salary package (base salary, individual and team bonuses, and an employee stock option program) and technology allowance.
- Regular co-working weeks with the team.
- Generous holiday allowance and maternity/paternity leave policy.
- Access to coaching and mental health services (via our partner likeminded).
- Mentorship program and growth packages.
At Hyphen, we believe that a diverse workforce allows us to be more innovative, more creative and get better results. We provide a competitive salary package (base salary, individual and team bonuses, and an employee stock option program) in line with the experiences and background.
This means that when we are recruiting, we actively seek to reach a diverse pool of candidates. It also means that we are happy to consider any reasonable adjustments that potential employees may need to be successful.
We are striving to improve the future of work for our own A-team, as well as our contractors and clients, and we are looking for elite talent from all walks of life to help our remote-first team keep pushing.
Creating a better and more meaningful way of working requires smart, ambitious and motivated people so if that sounds like you, Hyphen could be the perfect place for you.
No, we pride ourselves on being open to candidates from all fields and from around the globe. We believe that variety can make us stronger by broadening our range of expertise, experience and ideas.
Hyphen is an entirely remote company, and we are happy to let most people build their work schedules around their lives within reason. Most of our team works in Europe but we also have colleagues in the Middle East and the USA so we can be adaptable.
At present, we do not offer internships or apprenticeships, but this may change in the future so please follow us on LinkedIn and keep checking our website. Alternatively, if you think you can make an impact right away, feel free to send in a speculative application.
A degree is not a necessity, though it helps. Some key things we look for are a desire to learn new skills, the ability to think critically and solve problems, a strong work ethic, and an entrepreneurial mindset. If you can demonstrate these traits, you might be suitable for Hyphen.
We are keen to make sure we find exactly the right people to join our small team and so are very thorough. The length of time it will take to complete the process depends on the number of steps, which varies for different roles, but we will endeavour to make it as quick as possible.
Due to the number of applications we receive, we are unfortunately unable to provide individual feedback at the initial stage of the process. However, should you progress to the interview stages, you will have the option of requesting feedback on your performance.
We do not recruit many people but if you really think you might be a good fit for us, you can send us your CV/resume and a covering letter explaining why you want to join Hyphen to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you if we think you might be right for us.
We appreciate that this will be something that many people have not come across before, so we strongly advise that you review at least some of the following websites and sources to prepare.
List of Sources
Please email to email@example.com and one of our team will get back to you to help you with your queries.