We are (re-)building the infrastructure and operating model of how cross-functional teams work together, to tackle the most challenging problems of tomorrow. To achieve this ambition, we are looking for a creative, entrepreneurial, and user-driven Visual Designer to join our team.
Hyphen is the leading global expertise partner that connects our clients – which include governments, top-tier consulting firms, and coveted investment funds – to world-class experts and specialists. Our own team members hail from leading technology companies, Nordic designers, top-tier consulting firms in New York, high-impact missions in Myanmar, and everything in-between. We formed Hyphen armed with curiosity, the ambition to solve the most intriguing problems, and the conviction that work in the 21st century requires a new modus operandi.
Our goal is to connect expertise, determination, and strategic insight to solve the challenges of tomorrow through meaningful projects, enduring personal relationships, flexible ways of work, and cutting-edge technology.
Given our rapid growth and expanded client footprint across Europe and the Middle East, we are now looking for new team members from various backgrounds to fill key positions that are crucial to our future success. It’s a chance to join a growing company that allows new joiners to shape the direction and the way we conduct our business.
Visual Designer (60% & remote)
We are looking for a creative, entrepreneurial, and user-driven Visual Designer to help us to grow and build the Hyphen brand. As a visual designer, you will be responsible for creating engaging and impactful designs for a range of digital and print materials. As a part of our design team, you will work cross-functionally with other relevant teams, such as communications team as well as Client Partnership team to understand the needs of our clients and develop design solutions and assets that effectively communicate our brand and message.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, including websites, our corporate design system, case studies, infographics, presentations and marketing collateral. You will be expected to have a strong aesthetic sense, good typographical skills and the ability to create visually appealing designs that are aligned with our brand guidelines.
What you will achieve
- Develop visual assets: Design a series of visual assets for websites, corporate design guides, apps, and a variety of communication material in digital and physical formats.
- Execute end-to-end design process: Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team to execute the entire design process including research, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, and testing.
- Build Hyphen brand: Work to establish a comprehensive and detailed Hyphen design guideline to communicate a consistent and cohesive that reflects the company’s brand identity in the best possible way.
- Elevate design as brand storyteller: Communicate with clients, stakeholders, and team members to present your work.
Ideal skills and characteristics
- A degree in graphic design, visual communication, or a related field.
- Strong typographical skills.
- A minimum of two years of experience working in a professional design environment.
- Proficiency in graphic design software such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.).
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Office 365.
- Strong portfolio of visual design work, including print and digital projects.
- Knowledge of current design trends and best practices.
- Excellent visual, layout, and typography skills.
- Ability to work with an interdisciplinary team to produce high-quality designs that meet the highest standards and stakeholders’ needs.
- Good communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- A curious mind.
- Interest to work in a start-up environment.
- Fluency in English and proficiency in any other language are a plus.
Having one of the skills below would be considered a great plus:
- Experience in creating illustrations.
- Familiarity with the Glyph.app and Type design skills.
- Familiarity with Figma.
- Knowledge of with Adobe After Effects and motion graphics.
- Familiarity with Blender or Cinema4D.
- Basic understanding of front-end coding.
- Skillsets in creating Microsoft Office 365 templates.
What we offer
- Flexible working location and working hours.
- Competitive salary package (base salary, individual and team bonuses, and an employee stock option program) and technology allowance.
- Regular co-working weeks with the team.
- Generous holiday allowance and maternity/paternity leave policy.
- Access to coaching and mental health services (via our partner likeminded).
- Mentorship program and growth packages.
At Hyphen, we believe that a diverse workforce allows us to be more innovative, more creative and get better results. This means that when we are recruiting, we actively seek to reach a diverse pool of candidates. It also means that we are happy to consider any reasonable adjustments that potential employees may need to be successful.
We are striving to improve the future of work for our own A-team, as well as our contractors and clients, and we are looking for elite talent from all walks of life to help our remote-first team keep pushing.
Creating a better and more meaningful way of working requires smart, ambitious and motivated people so if that sounds like you, Hyphen could be the perfect place for you.
No, we pride ourselves on being open to candidates from all fields and from around the globe. We believe that variety can make us stronger by broadening our range of expertise, experience and ideas.
Hyphen is an entirely remote company, and we are happy to let most people build their work schedules around their lives within reason. Most of our team works in Europe but we also have colleagues in the Middle East and the USA so we can be adaptable.
At present, we do not offer internships or apprenticeships, but this may change in the future so please follow us on LinkedIn and keep checking our website. Alternatively, if you think you can make an impact right away, feel free to send in a speculative application.
A degree is not a necessity, though it helps. Some key things we look for are a desire to learn new skills, the ability to think critically and solve problems, a strong work ethic, and an entrepreneurial mindset. If you can demonstrate these traits, you might be suitable for Hyphen.
We are keen to make sure we find exactly the right people to join our small team and so are very thorough. The length of time it will take to complete the process depends on the number of steps, which varies for different roles, but we will endeavour to make it as quick as possible.
Due to the number of applications we receive, we are unfortunately unable to provide individual feedback at the initial stage of the process. However, should you progress to the interview stages, you will have the option of requesting feedback on your performance.
We do not recruit many people but if you really think you might be a good fit for us, you can send us your CV/resume and a covering letter explaining why you want to join Hyphen to email@example.com and we will get back to you if we think you might be right for us.
We appreciate that this will be something that many people have not come across before, so we strongly advise that you review at least some of the following websites and sources to prepare.
List of Sources
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team will get back to you to help you with your queries.